Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque is here for you when disaster strikes. Call us for immediate response when you’re dealing with a home or business emergency. We serve Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Belen, Los Lunas, Moriarty, Tijeras, Corrales, Bernalillo, and all of New Mexico. When you need water or fire clean up, mold remediation or asbestos abatement, we’re here for you, anytime day or night. There is no job too big or too small for our certified restoration team.
SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque
Water Damage - Whether you’re dealing with a leaky pipe, a damaged roof, or a natural disaster, flooding can cause damage to your home or business. If that happens, call SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque, right away. Read More...
Fire Damage - Protect your home or investment property with tips from our blog, and of course, if a fire damages your home call us for professional help getting your belongings back in order. Read more...
Mold Removal - When you’re dealing with mold in your home or business, fast action is important to prevent adverse health effects. Learn about how mold affects your health and your property. Read More...
Other Services - Whatever is needed to help you restore your home or business to its pre-disaster state, we can help you with. SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque can help you recover your belongings with our pack in and pack out service, we can help you repair and rebuild your property. Read More...
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (505) 828-3567
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.